Anthony F. Menke
Tony has defended employers for more than 47 years regarding labor and employment law matters. He negotiates labor contracts on behalf of employers with unions, associations, guilds, and groups. He also defends employers in labor mediations and arbitrations. Tony is an approved Superior Court mediator and arbitrator for mandatory mediation and arbitration cases.
Areas of Focus
- Labor law and employment law
- Labor negotiations, mediations, and arbitrations
- Superior court mediator and arbitrator
Tony’s breadth of expertise includes advising clients regarding risk and claims management procedures and issues. He also conducts public and private sector governance analyses pertaining to improvement of productivity, efficiencies, and transitions of personnel, as well as practices. Tony has extensive experience assisting employers with transition of personnel in cases of consolidation of operations, mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations. He prepares policies, procedures, and practice documents for employers, along with counseling and coordinating fiscal and operational analyses as well as strategies.
Tony speaks, reads, and writes French fluently and advises commercial companies with negotiations of terms and conditions of commercial contracts between French and American companies.
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctorate – 1973
- Graduated with distinction/Dean’s Award
- Whitworth College, B.A., Political Science and French – 1969
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA), Admitted 1974
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member since 1975
- Yakima County Bar Association (YCBA), Member since 1975
- Association of Washington Cities (AWC)
- Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys (WSAMA)
- USTA Life Time member
Civic and Professional Experience
- Chairman, Yakima Urban Area Regional Planning Commission 1979-1990
- President, Yakima Tennis Club Board of Directors 1988 – 1989
- Yakima Tennis Club Board of Directors 1986 – 1987
- Member of Washington State Bar Association Alternate Dispute Resolution Editorial Board 1988 – 1998
- USTA Pacific Northwest Section Board of Directors 2001 – 2014
- Yakima Tennis Club Board of Directors 2013 – 2014
- President, Yakima Tennis Club Board of Directors 2015 – 2016
- USTA Pacific Northwest Section President, 2004 – 2007
- USTA Pacific Northwest Section Delegate, 2008 – 2014
- National USTA Grievance Committee member 2011-2012.
- Elected 2010 National Chair of USTA 17 Sectional Delegates.
- Elected 2008 National Chair of USTA 17 USTA Sectional Presidents.
- Washington State Bar Association Alternate Dispute Resolution Deskbook; “Arbitration and Mediation in Washington” (2nd ed. – 1998) Chapter 10 “Private Sector Labor Arbitration”
- Washington State Bar Association-Alternate Dispute Resolution Deskbook, “Arbitration and Mediation in Washington” (1st ed. – 1989) Chapter 11 “Public Sector Labor Mediation & Arbitration”
- Gonzaga Law Review, Volume 1, (1980) “Impasse Resolution: Binding Arbitration and the Right to Strike of Uniformed Public Employees in the State of Washington.” Co-authored with attorney David A. Thorner